Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Iowa City or Bust

After a 13 1/2 hour drive that seemed like a blink, we arrived in beautiful Iowa City, Iowa. Here are some of my favorite moments. This is after Rebekah's picnic with Grandaddy at the Amana Colonies (a super shopping experience not unlike Guerne.)

Rebekah enjoying some authentic German food at the Ox Yolk...

Em and Rebekah doing some polka on the patio after dinner...

I managed to find a "good quilt" for Riley here. I know she will always cherish it.

Gayle wasn't about to pass this store up. Does that surprise anyone? I think she may have done some early Christmas shopping...
Happy grandparents...

The fam- minus Billy who we missed :( ....

This is one reason I love Iowa City. This is in somebody's front yard. Fantastic!


Did I mention how happy Rebekah was to see me??

Yummy!

There was chocolate on the bottom. Believe it or not, I couldn't even finish it. This was after a trip to all the scenic places in IC, including the Raptor Center. Wow! I saw a real life bald eagle and many other facinating raptors.
Rebekah looking posh in her new dress from Aunt Bec and Uncle B...




No comments:

Post a Comment